Camano Lutheran Preschool has been serving the families of Stanwood and Camano Island since 1979. Our teachers are committed to nurturing children in a safe, loving environment that provides the building blocks for a lifetime of learning. We strive to prepare children for public/private school by encouraging their growth and development socially, emotionally, physically, academically and spiritually. We intentionally keep our classroom ratios low so that each child receives individual attention to their needs and learning styles.
Camano Lutheran Preschool is committed to Sharing Christ’s love with children and their families, Teaching children about God and the world He created, Preparing children for a life long love of learning.
Sharing – Teaching – PreparingRegister Today!
Excellence In Early Childhood Education
Kindergarten readiness is our goal. Although each child matures and learns at a different rate, we actively work with our students to provide them with the best knowledge and experiences to prepare them for future learning.
- Helping children develop friendships with peers
- Helping children develop and use self control in regards to rules, routines and relationships
- Help children develop and enhance gross motor skills and coordination
- Help children develop fine motor skills through games, manipulatives, beginning writing skills and projects
- Help children to understand and practice good hygiene, physical exercise and healthy eating
- Teaching children to problem solve and think critically
- Teaching children to identify, quantify and order numbers through counting, sorting, comparing and manipulating objects
- Teaching vocabulary using activities, games and projects to enhance and develop a broader understanding of language as it relates to math, science, geography and daily life skills Language, Literacy & Communication
- Helping children learn to communicate using oral language to tell stories, relate events as well as express emotions, concerns and needs
- Teaching children phonological awareness to prepare them for future reading
- Teaching children to recognize the written alphabet as well as the names and sounds associated with each letter
- Helping children develop their comprehension through story time with attention placed on predicting as well as recalling details
- Helping children develop writing skills through pictures as well as early word discover
- S.T.E.M Using microscopes, I-pads, different building materials and manipulative we strive to foster a curiosity and love of learning in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Common Core – we strive to compliment the common core curriculum found in the Stanwood Camano School District
- Geography-We encourage the children to learn about the world we live in through imaginary trips around the globe. We sample food, create craft projects and experiment with languages outside our own culture to expand the knowledge and experiences of our young learners
- RAK- we are incorporating curriculum to help children understand and develop their own “Random Acts of Kindness” that will make our community and world a better place for everyone
- Helping children discover and understand that they are loved by God, created in His image and valued by the price He paid through His son Jesus Christ
- Sharing Bible stories and music within the classroom as well as a weekly chapel time